Neil has 35 years of experience in the Insolvency and Reconstruction industry, 25 years as a Partner, including 14 years in a Big 4 firm.
During this time Neil has been involved in over 1,250 external administrations. Focusing predominately on asset recovery to the Middle Market, his main objective has always been preserving businesses and maximising the return to stakeholders.
Past assignments have allowed Neil to gain significant experience in resolving and administering cross border insolvencies and he has worked on corporate assignments in Australia and overseas, including New Zealand, Thailand, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Japan and the Pacific Region.
Neil has conducted business investigations for banks and financial institutions and completed expert reports on company solvency for banks, lending bodies, Australian government authorities, creditors and for the Supreme and Federal Courts of Australia.
Neil specialises in pre lending, investigatory and expert reports for financial institutions. As a strategic advisor to businesses, he has developed opportunities for companies to identify areas for improvement in operational and financial performance.
Neil often presents on business-related topics around business performance and insolvency.
- Nathan Tinkler’s Patinack Farm Group – securing the sale of extensive land holdings, plant and equipment and livestock.
- Hooters and Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville restaurants located in NSW and QLD – trade on and going concern sale.
- Bank of Nauru, appointed by the Australian Government – design and implementation of liquidation and closure.
- Big Un Limited, an IT Communications/Patents business and an ASX listed company – undertaking extensive investigations and litigation into alleged fraud and misconduct.
- Sargent Security (Constructions) Pty Ltd, security business with c. $20m turnover – extensive investigations and recovery actions.
- Karl Suleman’s Froggy Group – Australia’s largest Ponzi scheme, liquidation and prosecutions.
- AKAI Pty Limited – Southeast Asian liquidation of brown goods wholesaler, realising over $25m in assets and settling cross-border litigation matters
- Regional NSW mining services businesses, Macquarie Drilling and Pinnacle Drilling Group – trade ons and major asset sales.
Areas of experience
- Asset Tracing
- Business insolvency
- Business recovery & turnaround
- Debt advisory
- Examinations & litigation support
- Forensics & Financial Investigations
- Solvency & Pre-lending reviews
- Specific industries: Agriculture, Manufacturing & processing, Mining services, Property & construction, Retail, Tourism & hospitality, Transport, IT & communications
Education and accreditation
- Registered Liquidator
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accountancy & Management Studies)
- Chartered Accountant
- Insolvency Education Program (ARITA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Member of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ)
- Professional Member, Australian Restructuring Insolvency and Turnaround Association (ARITA)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners