“I believe that through early engagement, and in conjunction with our extensive network, we are better positioned than most to deliver tailored solutions for our clients to preserve and enhance viability of their businesses.”
Jeremy is an experienced practitioner across all forms of formal corporate advisory appointments, business reviews and in providing forensic/litigation accounting analysis. With this foundation, and in conjunction with his experience across a range of industries, it has allowed Jeremy to guide his clients through the challenges that a restructuring environment presents.
Previously, Jeremy worked within the risk and credit management departments of major Australian banks where he identified and implemented solutions to enable customers to restructure their debt facilities.
Jeremy’s experience and skills provides a unique and very invaluable perspective to clients in how to preserve and enhance value in resolving their strategic and financial problems.
- Voluntary Administration of an ASX listed lithium miner (and its subsidiary) with its main investment in mining operations and exploration activities in a Lithium Project via its fully owned subsidiary. Prior to its trading holt, the entity had a market capitalisation of c$209m. Creditors exceeded c$365m. Restructured the ASX vehicle and its subsidiary via a DOCA.
- Voluntary Administration (and subsequent Liquidation) of a funds and investment management entity dealing primarily in Australian real estate assets for high net worth foreign investors, some of which were within the SIV program, complicated by the broader group structure of some 64 entitles. Debt in across the 12 entities subject to the appointment exceed c$350m, requiring ongoing investigations and tracing of funds with potential claims in excess of c125m to be pursued.
- Voluntary Administration (and subsequent Liquidation) of an ASX listed copper miner. Mining operations were suspended due to a combination of operational, maintenance and ore scheduling issues. Creditor claims exceed c$189m, with further investigations being completed in the Liquidation on director breaches and their conduct.
- Voluntary Administration of a world-class luxury bridal and evening wear business, operating out of premises in Claremont, WA and Paddington, NSW. Successfully restructured the company’s affairs allowing for the business to sold, continuity of employment for employees and the delivery bridal gowns for brides-to-be.
- Voluntary Administration of a 6 chair dental practice in the northern suburbs of Western Australia (with annual sales of c.$2.4m and creditors exceeding $4m). We undertook a sale and marketing campaign to successfully sell the practice as a going concern.
- Managed wind down of a transport and logistics business (turnover c. $6m) servicing metropolitan and regional mining centres across WA, where realisations ensured returns to employees were preserved (secured debt of $2.6m).
- Receivership and sale of an engineering business, with turnover in excess of $25m and secured debt of $10m, operating across 3 sites located across the Pilbara, WA, employing over 110 staff. Successfully sold the business as a going concern to a party seeking to consolidate its offering in WA. Debt of $10m.
- Voluntary Administration of a water infrastructure business installing polyethylene pipe, fittings, pumps, tanks, and all other fluid handling infrastructure with premises located around regional and metropolitan areas of WA. The business was traded whilst a sale as a going concern was being undertaken, completing contractual work for 2 contracts and assisted the company’s directors with the formulation of a proposal for a Deed of Company Arrangement (DOCA).
The sale allowed for the full repayment of secured debt of c$9m and subsequent DOCA provided full payment of employee entitlements of c$2.2m and a return to unsecured creditors of c40 cents in the dollar on c$12m in claims.
Areas of experience
- Mining Services
- Manufacturing / Engineering
- Professional Services
- Banking & Finance
- Risk and Credit Management
Education and accreditation
- Registered Liquidator
- Chartered Accountant
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting and Finance) with Distinction
- Insolvency Education Program (ARITA)
- Member of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Professional Member of the Australian Restructuring Insolvency and Turnaround Association (ARITA)
- Fellow Member of the Financial Services Institute of Australia
- Approved Manager for liquor licensing purposes.