“When facing strategic and financial challenges, we act quickly and work closely with our clients and their stakeholders. Our goal is to restore stability, protect reputations and enhance value”.
Barry has over 25 years business advisory experience guiding stakeholders across on a broad range of assignments, with a key focus on Restructuring & Turnaround.
With a mid-market advisory focus, Barry specialises in helping businesses deal with their challenges whether stabilising businesses, diagnosing causes of strategic or financial issues, implementing debt restructures or providing turnaround or insolvency solutions.
- Implementing turnaround and workout strategies on a c$300m non-performing loan portfolio on behalf of a major financier.
- Property and Construction including: Liquidator of the i-Prosperity group, a multi-stage advisory engagement for a large construction group (debt > $300m), Administrator of Bayside Construction, and regularly acting for major financiers, funds and specialised property construction financiers to execute distressed property enforcement transactions.
- Retail including: DOCA restructures of kikki.K & Ishka, store wind-downs including Jeep Apparel and Mr Price, and a debt restructure of a large retail group on behalf of a banking syndicate with debt of c$100m.
- Education: Liquidator of the Acquire Learning Group, a vocational education student broking and RTO business which had revenues of c$130m and secured debt of c$40m.
- Safe Harbour adviser to a large Utilities business, a major Property & Construction group, and a Retail Technology business.
- Transport & Logistics including: an extensive number of advisory roles across the sector, including business stabilisations, informal restructures, performance improvement and formal insolvency roles.
- Executed formal MIS realisation strategies across large complex listed forestry businesses (Gunns Ltd and Willmott Forests Ltd), including managing large forestry plantations and running recapitalisation processes.
- Numerous Independent Business Review or Pre-Lends in the mid-market sector, across a range of industries on behalf of major financiers.
Areas of experience
- Implementing Restructuring & Turnaround strategies
- Conducting independent business reviews
- Safe Harbour advisory
- Debt Advisory
Education and accreditation
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Certificate IV in Government (Investigations)
- Certificate IV in Government (Fraud Control)
- Member of the Turnaround Managers Association
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Australia and New Zealand