At Cor Cordis, you will unpack the many complex challenges companies are faced with when dealing with financial distress. Our purpose is to ensure that every client achieves the best possible business outcome. Our expertise lies in four core areas – advisory, restructuring and turnaround, insolvency and forensics.
Cor Cordis Graduate Development Program
Our dynamic work environment and the diversity of the clients and industries we deal with, will provide you with the skills you need to help solve issues facing many companies as they navigate uncertain times.
Cor Cordis are looking for graduates for our 12-month graduate development program. The program includes buddy support, formal and informal learning experiences, including external training, and regular progress reviews. Here are some examples of what you could be doing:
- Working on a high-profile engagement (such as Kikki K or Mahercorp) or the bankruptcy of a high-profile individual.
- Working as part of a team on site on a trading administration – including overseeing trading activities, dealing with creditors and customers, and liaising with various other stakeholders.
- Conducting investigations (including compiling evidence and reports to support litigation) and pursuing claims in matters of financial fraud, breach of duties, insolvent trading or other breaches of legislation.
- Dealing with a variety of stakeholders, including interested parties (regarding a sale of business/assets), creditors, employees, debtors, lawyers and financial institutions.
Join our team
We look for accounting or commerce graduates who are ready to take their first step in their career, and:
- are efficient and motivated
- demonstrate attention to detail combined with a common-sense approach to problem-solving
- have strong written and verbal communication skills, enabling you to build relationships with external and internal stakeholders
- are an Australian citizen or have permanent residency at the time of application
- are a strong team player.
Applications for the 2024 Graduate Program is now closed. Register your interest for future opportunities.
Why choose Cor Cordis?
Learning and development
- With our focus on teamwork, we ensure you gain experience across a wide range of industries and businesses and work alongside our experienced and talented people.
- Our 12-month graduate development program, supported by a buddy and leader, will ease your transition into the firm and, in addition to on-the-job learning you will have access to both external and internal training.
- We offer increased study leave for CA ANZ or CPA and ARITA qualifications, in addition to the financial support we provide, including membership fees for professional associations.
- Our Cor Cordis Academy encompasses all the learning pathways you need to ensure you build the career that you want, from graduate through to partner level.
- Our National Women’s Forum is a program of events and activities designed to create confidence and collaboration to support women in their career progression.
Community & culture
- We have strong focus on flexible working at Cor Cordis, including the option of working remotely, flexible hours and locations and dressing for your day.
- Sociable, diverse, and inclusive, our culture has been key to our growth. Our community partnership with the Starlight Foundation and celebration of cultural events and occasions such as International Women’s Day are one of the initiatives we are proud of.
- Have some downtime and get to know your colleagues through our monthly social functions.
- Boost your working day and enjoy free coffee, fruit and snacks!
Wellness & support
- Our wellness program is aimed at supporting your mental and physical wellbeing. All staff and their families have 24/7 access to our Employee Assistance Program.
- We recognise that our employees have different circumstances. Our Bonus Leave will give you the option to either take additional leave when required or as a financial bonus.
- We support both paid parental leave for both primary and secondary carers as Cor Cordis, recognising the importance of parental and family responsibilities.
The key steps in our recruitment process include:
Submit your application and attach your resume/CV, a cover letter, and your academic transcript.
You will then receive a link to an online assessment which will roughly take half an hour.
If successful in completing the assessment, you will be invited to attend a face-to-face interview with leaders in our offices, which may include a short scenario assessment. This is a great opportunity for us to learn more about you, and for you find out more about our firm.
Coffee meeting with recent graduates
Get inside knowledge on what it’s like to work as a Cor Cordis Graduate when you meet our recent grads.
Offer of employment
If you’re successful in securing a highly coveted place as a Cor Cordis grad, congratulations! We’ll get the paperwork going to ensure you’ll have a smooth start to your career with us. We’ll link you up with your buddy and leader, and set you up to start the program with your fellow new grads.
If you have any queries about our graduate program, please contact our recruitment team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org