Version: May 2019
What information do we collect and hold?
‘Personal Information’ is information or an opinion relating to an individual which can be used to identify that individual. In order to provide our services to you, we may collect and store your Personal Information. That Personal Information is held securely in our secured offices and storage facilities, on Cor Cordis computer databases or by our professional IT service providers.
We will only collect your Personal Information in accordance with the APPs by lawful and fair means, without unreasonable intrusiveness and only where reasonably necessary for one of more functions or activities related to the provision of our services. Examples of Personal Information collected directly from you may include your name, job title or position, passport and drivers licence details, tax file number, business and/or personal contact details, information about your business, your debt/claims in insolvency matters, your employment history, qualifications and professional memberships, feedback on our services, and information relating to payment and credit.
We may also collect information about you:
- from third parties, such as credit agencies, financial service providers, public registers, search providers and regulatory authorities
- via requests for information or other correspondence and/or communications we receive from you, including from your use of this Website
- whenever you attend one of our events, seminars or visit one of our offices
- from other sources in performing our services as external administrators and bankruptcy trustees (or similar roles) in insolvency matters and related engagements
- under, and for the purposes of, the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth), the Bankruptcy Act 1966 (Cth) or related legislation.
We may not be able to provide our services to you in circumstances where Personal Information is not provided, including being able to contact you and deal with your debt/claim where you are, or might be, a creditor of an insolvency matter that we are handling.
How do we use your information?
Situations where we may use your Personal Information include:
- to provide our services and any related business activities or purposes as generally described on this Website
- to inform you of developments with our business
- to provide you with marketing material and other publications (please inform us if you do not wish to receive these materials from us and we will take steps to remove you from our contact lists)
- to undertake market and client analysis and maintain our client databases
- in other circumstances permitted by the Privacy Act.
When you visit our Website, we may automatically collect information about you, including details of access, Internet Protocol addresses, web statistics and other information which is required to ensure that the site is functioning properly.
When you visit our Website, the server may attach a ‘cookie’ to your computer’s memory. A ’cookie’ assists us to store information about how visitors to our Website use it and to make assumptions about what information may be of most interest to you. However, this information is not linked to any Personal Information you may provide and cannot be used to identify you. You should be able to configure your computer so that it disables ‘cookies’ or does not accept them.
Do we disclose your information to third parties?
To provide our services, we may need to disclose Personal Information to:
- third parties we engage, such as professional advisors, consultants and other service providers
- advisors and other persons acting on your behalf
- any of our associated entities.
We may also be required to disclose information to regulatory or government bodies.
We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer your Personal Information to third parties except for the permitted purposes we describe above, or where required by law. If we do disclose your Personal Information to third parties, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that those third parties comply with the APPs when handling your Personal Information, regardless of whether they are required to do so by law.
Our Website may direct you to websites operated by third parties (Linked Sites). We are not responsible for the content or practices of the Linked Sites or their privacy policies regarding the collection, storage, use and dissemination of your Personal Information. We encourage you to always read the applicable privacy statement of any Linked Site before using it.
We may disclose your Personal Information to entities located in jurisdictions outside Australia (including the Philippines) that support our business operations, such as our IT support providers and consultants. However, we will only do so in accordance with the Privacy Act and if we reasonably believe that the recipient is subject to a law, binding scheme or contract which effectively upholds the principles for fair handling of Personal Information that are substantially similar to the APPs.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that any Personal Information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
We will take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and, if you request, we will endeavour to delete or destroy your Personal Information where we no longer provide services to you or where you specifically request us to remove your Personal Information.
Only users authorised by Cor Cordis can access your Personal Information and access to your Personal Information is only for approved purposes.
Access and correction
Subject to the exceptions contained in the Privacy Act, upon your request we will take reasonable steps to let you know what sort of Personal Information we hold about you, for what purpose it is held, and how we collect, store, use and disclose that Personal Information.
Please let us know if you think the Personal Information we have about you is outdated or incorrect and we will correct it.
Privacy Officer Details:
- Telephone: + 61 3 8320 5600
- Post: PO Box 232 Collins Street West, Melbourne, VIC, 8007
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We may charge you a reasonable fee for processing your request for access to, or correction of, your Personal Information if that request is considered onerous.
If you have a complaint or believe we have contravened the APPs, you may lodge a complaint with our Privacy Officer (via the contact details above), or to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.