Rachel has over 25 years’ experience working in various restructuring and risk management roles within both chartered accounting firms and the banking industry.
Rachel specialises in distressed debt advisory, stabilisation to turnaround, solvent liquidations (streamlining) and formal insolvency appointments helping clients through guidance, tailored solutions and resolving strategic, operational and financial problems.
While working in the banking industry, Rachel’s primary focus was on the management of distressed and non-performing loans across a wide range of industries throughout Australia. Rachel also held responsibilities and led teams as National Credit Risk Leader and relief Chief Risk Officer.
Rachel has acted as Administrator, Deed Administrator and Liquidator and as an advisor to companies and directors needing stabilisation, solvency and restructuring advice and ‘next practice’ strategic guidance. In addition to advisory, Rachel has conducted workshop sessions with board and management and conducted financial, credit risk and working capital training for banking and credit teams.
Rachel is also one of the supporting partners of the Cor Cordis Women’s Forum.
- Court appointed Receiver and subsequent Liquidator of Berndale Capital Securities group of companies being a foreign currency derivatives trader. This required initial investigations on behalf of the Australian Securities and Investments Commission and subsequent investigations and recoveries as liquidator.
- Liquidator of Australian Financial Services Group and Administrator of Strategy Portfolio Limited both Financial Planning business with over $1bn funds under management.
- Advisor to a long standing retail clothing group over 18 months to stabilise cashflow and balance sheet issues, subsequently integrating this with a restructure of the board, management and operations.
- Voluntary Administrator of the Ishka retail group during the covid period which included ongoing trade during this period and management of lease, labour hire and creditor positions towards a proposed DOCA supported by a business sale agreement.
Areas of experience
- Financial Services
- Health (Aged Care & Retirement)
- Health (Pharmaceutical)
- Real Estate & Construction
- Tourism & Leisure
Education and accreditation
- Bachelor of Accounting (BAcc): University of South Australia
- Chartered Accountant (Grad Dip CA): Chartered Accountants Aust & NZ
- Registered Liquidator (ASIC)
- Company Directors Course (GAICD): Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Graduate Diploma: Australian Restructuring and Turnaround Association
- Certified Turnaround Analyst: Turnaround Management Association
- Graduate Diploma: Frontline Management: Australian Institute of Management
- Master in Arts, Writing (MA Writing): Swinburne University
- Vic Independent Liquor and Gaming Licence, RSA
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Fellow, Deputy Chair and National Board Member, Chair of the Balanced Taskforce (National Diversity) and Vic/Tas Committee Member – Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association
- Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Turnaround Management Association
- Safe Harbour Guidance
In the Community
- Workshop Leader, Trainer – ARITA
- Southern Peninsula Community Support – Board Member