Neil has 35 years of experience in the Insolvency and Reconstruction industry, 25 years as a Partner.
During this time Neil has been appointed in various capacities in over 1250 external administrations. Focusing predominately on asset recovery to the Middle Market his main objective has always been preserving businesses and maximizing the return to stakeholders.
Neil specialises in pre lending, investigatory and expert reports for financial institutions. As a strategic advisor to businesses, he has developed opportunities for companies to identify areas for improvement in operational and financial performance.
Past assignments have allowed Neil to gain significant experience in resolving and administering cross border insolvencies and he has worked on corporate assignments not only in Australia but in New Zealand, Thailand, Hong Kong, Malaysia and Japan. Neil has conducted business investigations for banks and financial institutions and completed expert reports on company solvency for banks, lending bodies, Australian government authorities, creditors’ and for the Supreme and Federal Court of Australia.
Neil has also presented on a variety of business related topics in relation to business performance and insolvency.
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Australia and New Zealand
- Full member of ARITA
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
Areas of expertise
- Asset Tracing
- Business insolvency
- Business recovery & turnaround
- Debt advisory
- Forensics & Financial Investigations
- Solvency & Pre lending reviews
- Manufacturing & processing
- Mining services
- Property & construction
- Tourism & hospitality
Education and accreditation
- Registered Liquidator
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accountancy & Management Studies)
- Chartered Accountant (CA)
- Insolvency Education Program (ARITA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)