“Our ethos at Cor Cordis is to approach all matters in the most professional manner to ensure that we continually preserve and enhance the value for all stakeholders, despite the sometimes challenging journey that confronts them. ”.
Bruno is a very “hands on” operator who has undertaken an extensive range of assignments for over 35 years. He has traded businesses on, realised assets by way of formal appointments (Receiverships and Agent for the Mortgagee) and undertaken unofficial monitoring / restructuring / workout assignments, including Investigating Accountant roles, in a range of industries for major banks, financiers, credit committees and other stakeholders.
Bruno has acted as Administrator and Deed Administrator for numerous companies and as a Liquidator in all types of liquidations.
Bruno has also acted as an expert witness in Supreme Court actions and mediations, involving investigations and analysis of company records, transactions and financial statements.
- Rhodes & Beckett Pty Ltd / Herringbone Pty Ltd, national men’s and women’s fashion retailer with 29 stores and over 130 employees.
- NQR Pty Ltd, grocery clearance chain with 18 stores and over 300 casual and full-time staff.
- Ernest Hillier (Operations) Pty Ltd (founded in 1914), Australia’s largest chocolate manufacturers with 60 employees;
- Betta Foods (Operations) Pty Ltd, confectionery producer with 170 employees;
- Fletcher Jones & Staff Pty Ltd (founded in 1918), the national men’s and women’s clothing retailer with 45 stores and 220 employees;
- Liquidator of Chartwell Enterprises Pty Ltd, which defrauded investors for over $70 million over a 3 year period. The public examination of the directors led to successful criminal proceedings brought against them, resulting in lengthy jail times.
Areas of experience
- Banking & Finance
- Hotels, Motels & Restaurants
- Aged Care
- Building, Development and Properties
- Textiles, Clothing & Footwear
- Professional Services
- Food Processing
- Mining Services
Education and accreditation
- Diploma of Business Studies (Accounting)
- Registered Liquidator
- Liquidator of the Supreme Court of Victoria and Federal Court of Australia
- Fellow, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Professional Member of the Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association (‘ARITA’)